Summer is officially underway; and that means it's finally time to bring out the summer wardrobe!! So to add to my excitement, I thought I'd share a few of my favourite summer trends! I've set images out in a magazine style, with moodboards I've made and the items featured listed below.
Ice cream sundae!
Pastels will forever be associated with spring & summer wardrobes but this year why not give ice cream tones a try! Look for a pale strawberry pink, lemon sorbet yellow or even a bubblegum blue!
1. Pink Asymmetric Jacket & Pleated Skirt, Celine
2. Barbie T-shirt, Missguided
3. Pastel Panel Cardigan, Lazy Oaf
4. Pink Suit, Topshop
5. Pastel Checked Coat, Topshop
6. Pale Blue Suedetter Sandals, New Look
7. Sugar Cookies, Oh Sweetie Lipcolour, Mac
8. Denim Jacket & Skirt set, Topshop
Sparkle & shine!
You can never forget a bit of sparkle! I think glitter is fashionable all year round but with festival season approaching sequins are out to attack at full force, so keep your eyes out!
1. Sequin Top & Shorts, Primark
2. Rainbow Sequin Crop Bralet & Hot Pants, Boohoo
3. Purple Wings, Unique Unicorns Lipsticks, I Heart Revolution
4. Sequin Kimono, Primark
5. V-neck Dres with Tie, Valentino
6. Mermaid Dreams Chunky Glitter, Nikita Karizma
7. Glitter Sunglasses, Skinny Dip
8. Half & Half Sequin Jumpsuit, Topshop
The colour of 2018 is 'ultra violet' so to give this trend a spring feel, why not go with a pastel shade like lilac! Look for a soft lilac or even a bolder tone if your feeling adventurous!
1. Lilac Floral Dress, Erdem
2. Purple Tapered Trousers, Topshop
3. 99% Unicorn, 1% Badass, In A Dream World, Inc.redible
4. Lilac Denim Jacket Jacket, Topshop
5. Cropped Purple Suit, Topshop
6. Lilac Sunglasses, Skinny Dip
7. Vinyl Lilac Skirt, Lazy Oaf
8. Asymmetric Wrap Mini Skirt, Topshop
This trend is a little out there but you can definitely make it work for you & your wardrobe! Layer it, mix fabrics, just find what work for you. Its definitely something you have to try before you say no!
1. Pink Transparent Bag, Primark
2. Lace Peplum Top, Missguided
3. Perspex Shopper Bag, Topshop
4. Mesh Embellished Blouse, Tophop
5. Frosted Glitter Rain Mac, Topshop
6. Spotted Mesh Lace Top, Topshop
7. In A Dream World, Inc.redible
8. Black Sheer Jacket, Lazy Oaf
Frills, frills, frills!
You've got to love frills, whether it's on a cuff or decorating a hem you can't help but feel summery wearing them! What I love is that you can dress them up or down to suit your personal style!
1. Floral Maxi Dress, Primark
2. White Frill Layered Cami Top, Missguided
3. Leather Frill Multiway Backpack, Ted Baker
4. Blue Satin Frill Shorts, Missguided
5. Denim Jacket & Skirt With Frilled Edge, Alexander McQueen
6. Pink Asymmetric Frill Cuff Trousers, Missguided
7. Poodle Pink Dress, Lazy Oaf
I hope you guys have found a few ideas of pieces to look for when you next go shopping & that this blog has inspired you to try something new this summer!